I believe the show was somewhat rushed in a way, not that it was low quality in any way, production wise it’s a masterpiece. The problem I have is that the show doesn’t exactly flow, it’s fun and games with hints of each of their deep inner problems and then boom the last 2 episodes we go into serious mode because we decided to turn them into a movie for uhh money? Probably, and by all means, get that bag goosey. But anyways, it gets kinda serious and then EVERYTHING is explained really fast, Jax abstracts off screen so we don’t even get to see an abstraction or see any kind of action, they go through all that really fast so they can get to the part that the creator cares about which is the character exploration of Jax, which is also fine, whatever, it’s her show, she can focus on her favourite character if she wants to. I think some people hold these really high standards for creators, especially ones that interact with their audience a lot. It’s not a crime to make a shitty show. Ofc it’s okay to critique the show but you don’t gotta be shitty to the actual creator about it. Anyways I went off topic. The thing about the ending that I think is just a little silly is the fact that Jax’s real life counterpart hasn’t transitioned. I hear the argument of “she’s boymoding” which first of all, goose did make the mistake of thinking most people know what that even means, I haven’t even heard the word outside of twitter, and I’m not on any forums, and neither are most people I would assume and it’s not like it’s a small YouTube project anymore, this show was coming out on Netflix as they were making it so it would make sense to make your character understandable to the general audience. People will come in here talking about some “media literacy” bullshit but I don’t think it is very fair to the audience to make this character the centre of our attention and then be extremely vague about key parts of the character, not when these are the final episodes. They seemed to understand that for every other character besides Jax. Well, for every character they showcased the irl counterpart of at least. They were making sure to wrap everything nicely in a bow to show that each characters counterpart had overcome the issues the brain scans are currently dealing with because they are outdated brain scans, but not Jax.
I just suddenly stopped caring about this and need to write about something else so more on that later. Maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a message?